Highlights of Pakistan's 'New Visa Policy'
Issue Date : 26/01/2019
ISLAMABAD: In an effort to bring about a boost in the tourism sector, Pakistan on Friday announced to introduce on-arrival visas for 50 countries and e-visas for 175 countries.
Talking to the media on Friday, Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry shed light on some of the salient features of the new visa regime that he said has been formulated in consultations with all the concerned departments.
Apart from granting on-arrival visas and e-visas for various countries, other eminent features of the visa regime entail the provision of Business visa of 68 to 96 countries along with IATA approved tour operators to be allowed to bring tourist groups to Pakistan.
In addition, cross-border travel is to be non-restricted and foreigners are to be allowed to travel within open cantonment areas freely.
Highlights of New Visa Regime
- Unprecedented Liberalization of Visa Regime
- Opening up to the World
- 175 countries for E-Visa
- Visa on arrival for 50 countries ( earlier they were 24 )
- IATA approved Tour Operators will be allowed to bring tourist groups to Pakistan
- Canadian and British passport holder Sikhs will be allowed to avail this facility Business Visa from 68 countries to 96 countries ( Business documents would be needed )
- Work Visa: Pak Missions will issue visas on recommendation of BOI
- Family Visit: 5 years Multiple Entry Visa in 7-10 working days
- Pak Missions will be allowed to grant 5 years validity and one year stay (Multiple) entry visa to foreigners of Pak origin and their spouses
- Diplomatic Visa: Tenure of diplomatic / official assignment
- Tablighi visa: 45 days
- Missionary visa: 01 year
- House Aide Visa
- Student Visa: 02 Years
- Free movement of foreigners in open cantonment
- Close cantonments will retain prohibited status
- Visible signboard to be installed at restricted areas instead of whole district or tehsil
- Border crossing will be open/non-restricted
- AJK & GB to be non-restricted
- Revised list of restricted 'prohibited areas
- Visa Fees being rationalized
A revised list of prohibited areas is also to be announced under the new visa policy.
Following are some of other provisions announced under the new visa regime:
- Work visa: Pak Missions to issue visas on recommendation of BOI
- Family visit: 5 years multiple entry visa in 7-10 working days
- Pak Missions to grant 5 years validity and one year stay (multiple) entry visa to foreigners of Pakistani origin and their spouses
- Diplomatic visa: Tenure of diplomatic/official assignment
- Tablighi visa: 45 days
- Missionary visa: 1 year
- Student visa: 2 years
- House Aide visa