The information about Afghanistan public holidays is important before planning your trip to Afghanistan. It is essential because you must plan your trip after or before Afghanistan public holidays
as everything is closed on public holidays. For this, you must know Afghanistan holidays and traditions. No need to search over different websites we will give you a brief overview of Afghanistan public holidays.
The important Afghanistan holidays and celebrations are:
- Eid-Al-Fitr which falls every year after the whole month of fasting (Ramadan).
- Eid-Al-Adha celebrated on the tenth of the Islamic month of Zul Hajj.
- Ashura falls on the tenth day of Muharram.
- Mawleed Al-Nabi is the birthday of our Holy Prophet (PBUH) which is on 12th of Rabi-Al-Awwal.
- Nowroze is Afghans new year’s which is on 21st of March and the beginning of spring.
- Jeshen is the celebration of Independence Day of Afghanistan which is August 19.
- Afghan victory day which falls on 28th April every year.
- Labour day which is on May 1 every year.
Saudi Arabia UAE United Kingdom
Every year the above-mentioned Afghanistan public holidays fall on different days. So, you must check in advance the Afghanistan public holidays before planning your trip. As 2018 is about to end so remaining Afghanistan public holidays 2018 are only for Ashura which is expected to be on September 20 (Thursday). Another Afghanistan national holiday 2018 is falling on the birthday of our Prophet (PBUH) which is expected on November 20 (Tuesday).
Afghanistan Public Holidays with Dates
If you are planning to visit Afghanistan in 2019 than expected Afghanistan public holidays 2019 are: February 15 (Friday) which is liberation day, March 21 (Thursday) Nowrooz, March 22 (Friday) Nowrooz Afghanistan public holiday, April 28, Sunday victory day, May 1 (Wednesday) Labour day, June 4, 5, 6 (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) Eid-Al-Fitr Afghanistan public holidays, August 10 (Saturday) day of Arafat, August 11, 12, and 13 (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) Eid-Al-Adha holiday, August 19 (Monday) Afghanistan public holiday for independence day, September 9 (Monday) Ashura and November 10 (Sunday) birthday of Holy Prophet (PBUH). All these days are Afghanistan public holidays in 2019 keeping these days in mind plan and book your ticket accordingly. If you plan to visit Afghanistan on public holidays you’ll get nothing as Afghanistan public holidays are observed by all government departments, places of interest are also closed including museums etc. so it is recommended know and go through our Afghanistan public holidays before planning your trip.